Monday, March 18, 2013
suicide is NEVER an answer!
Everybody has something to say about a death of a UP Manila Student.
It is indeed very disheartening when a child takes his or her own life. It could be true that one of the reasons why she took her life was because of financial difficulties faced by her family.
However, she is not alone with that problem. Billions of people are facing financial hardships.
I graduated from UP Manila. I had to file an LOA because my aunt couldn't pay my tuition fee. Back then, it was only Php 5000. I had to answer my batchmates' questions. I had to face inquiry from friends. I had to stop schooling because my aunt could not afford it.
I had to cope with it. I had no choice. I had to work.
But suicide never came into my mind. It just didn't.
I had not close family to turn to - my dad died a few years back then. My mom left us. My sister just gave birth at an early age of 17. My youngest sister was too young to understand.
I was on my own.
Ending one's life is not (and will never be) an answer to life's questions and difficulties.
It's so sad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment